Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette. In a frittata all of the ingredients are mixed together with the eggs, and then the mixture is poured into a skillet pan. The frittata’s bottom is cooked on the stovetop, and then the pan is put into the oven.
Time: 15 minutes
2 egg whites
4 ounces fresh baby spinach (remove stems)
1 tbsp. fresh basil
½ cup onion
½ tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
– Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
– In a bowl, mix together the eggs and egg whites.
– Chop tomatoes, spinach and onions and fold them in.
– Stir in the basil, salt, and the pepper.
– Coat a ovenproof, nonstick skillet pan with the olive oil and heat the skillet over medium heat.
– Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook for 1 minute, or until the eggs start to set.
– Transfer the pan into the oven and bake for 4 to 5 minutes (until the top is golden and puffy)
– Remove the frittata from the oven and let it chill for a couple of minutes before cutting.